January 2, 2014

I Remember: 2013 in a Glance




So 2013 is ending in 40 minutes. Aww, mine was so short yet eventful. It was indeed full of highs and lows, but I still can't believe it's already over. 12 months or 365 days went by so so fast.

I still remember leaving TrueLogic on January 11, going to work at SEOP on January 17 and then getting laid off after only 11 days of service. I remember bumming for two months, resulting in an estimated 20-pound weight gain. I remember getting rejected for about five companies before finally landing a job again at Vocus. The best part is it's in Zuellig, a very elegant and high-end building.

I remember meeting my new housemates, Jaynard and Elisa, for the first time. We went swimming just because. I remember our housewarming party and how fun it was because so many of their friends came with food as gifts. I remember having at least two drinking sessions with these guys and feeling like it's the best thing ever. After around seven years, I remember finally drinking alcohol again and enjoying it without overdrinking (or so I hope).

I remember meeting my office teammates for the first time. One look at Sol and you'll know he will do anything to maintain a good image, just like a politician. One look at Karlin and I already know how kikay she is. One look at Zars and... oh, wait, she was my officemate at SEOP and I didn't even realize it. Haha. I remember being rejected for the first time I was interviewed by our boss and being called back saying I actually got the job, thanks to the HR recruiter who helped make it happen.

I went to Vocus the next day to sign the contract and met Luisa, this cute little babyfaced girl. Yes, looks can be deceiving. Turns out she's a feisty "Madame" that will kick your ass if you ever need to get spanked (or if she's just feeling "meh"). I remember being LATE on my first day. Haha. Thank God I was not the last to arrive in the training room when I first met Jar, our trainer. She is such a classy lady and on first look, you'll know she doesn't eat Angel's Burger or Minute Burger. I remember the tongue twisters she asked us to recite. I was feeling cold and nervous because I have poor diction and pronunciation. Thank God she didn't call me when the tongue twister was full of the "th" sound which I can't pronounce properly.

I remember the presentation led by Brian and Dannie, my beki friends/batchmates. I think I was the one who laughed the hardest. They are the best natural comedians Batch 5 (of trainees) has. I remember the very bland "Wheel of Fortune" segment Zars and I presented. I remember losing to the other team (I forgot if we were the Sky or the Wall team, sorry) but without any bitterness because they so deserve it.

I remember meeting Mira for the first time knowing we were meant to be friends. Now, we are, and I feel so blessed because she is a witty, hilarious, and crazy person who helps bring out the kamalditahan in all of us. I remember the huge pizzas my batchmates and I decided to buy for the team as a thank you token for welcoming us and helping us learn the basics of our job. The pizza was underwhelming but the night was fun.

I remember getting the 2pm to 11pm shift and enjoying it. I remember getting to know Wilfred, who got along with Karlin, James, and I on the said shift. These guys prompted my desire for smartphones which I once despised because I hated anything touchscreen. I remember Karlin and James discovering that I do this close to a moan sound every time I eat something that blows my mind. I discovered it with them because our food trips sometimes are just so epic! 

I remember Raz, who was supposed to work at 11pm, arriving an hour earlier almost constantly. I remember thinking she did this so she could chat with me before her shift starts. I never asked her this, but I think I'm just being delusional for thinking that. Haha. Now, we are together on the night shift and we know a little too much about each other on some areas of our lives. She provided 7 out of 12 stamps for me to get the CBTL planner I have lusted for. How sweet, especially because I would never do that for any friend. haha.

Well, basically, from May to now, my life revolved around work and workmates most of the time. Some other portions of my life I can't share here. I just wrote this to remind myself of how great this year was overall. I am Dory, one who forgets a thing minutes after it happened. I know I have a lot more I can share here, but unfortunately, that's all I can remember right now.

(Photo Credit: http://www.annmariebone.com/)

0 comments: