January 12, 2013

SA, Uulitin

An open letter to my Truelogic family. So long, Perth, Long Island!

Hellos are goodbyes waiting to happen. This situation eats me up, brings me back to a feeling of nakedness, vulnerability, and frailty. But what can I do? Everything is temporary. Life is breathing air not knowing where it came from. It is living not knowing why you do. It is creating your own purpose, whichever satisfies your heart. People are magnificent beings. You get to know them, talk to them, and spend time with them for what it’s worth. You build friendship, attraction, trust, love, admiration, bond... but you don’t have the power to make everything stay the way you want them to be. All is borrowed, but memories are yours to keep. It’s so heartbreaking to leave when you want to stay. All I can say now, is thank you.

Thank you for accepting who I am from the get-go. Thank you for the absence of judging eyes. Thank you for the freedom! Ah, you’ll never know how great it is to breathe easily. I am so happy to be surrounded by people who know who I am but do not give a damn.

Thank you for believing I have something to offer. There is nothing else I’d rather do than write. It’s the very life that keeps me going. Thank you for the guidance. Every day is a continuous learning experience for me, and you’ve all made it more fun.

Thank you for appreciating my jokes. I am the corniest person I know, but it changed when I met Jay (be thankful because yours is the only name I will drop in this post). I love seeing my lovely ladies laugh their mouths out because of my jokes. I think I’m ready to  try my luck on stand up comedy because of you. Thank you for giving me the freedom to call you things that should be hurtful, but aren’t.

Thank you for making me talk about Kelly Clarkson! You will always be reminded of my face every time you hear any of her songs. Bet that sucks. Ha!

Thank you for all the generosity. The many freebies of your friendships made me look like this. Ha! Some stuff we tasted were good, while some were only expensive. The post-its, offline messages, treats, and letters are treasures to me.

The temporary pain is gone now. The thought of not seeing all of you during days when I need to work seemed so hurting, but the memories alone made everything worthwhile. You all have left an indelible mark in my life. It was only five months, but a part of me... will always be... in Perth.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, Kevin! This may sound cliched but we miss you already. I'm sad we didn't get to know each other better but I know you're a good person and you'll do well wherever you go, whatever you do! Take care friend and enjoy life!