January 3, 2014

The Greatest Love Letter I Could Ever Write


You simply can never forget your first. I will never forget the way I looked at you 10 feet away. I don't know, I will never know, why a glance at a normal person like you have made me feel so much happiness that even I can't explain up to now. I will never forget the images that came to mind during that whole week I waited just to have the courage to admit my feelings to you. I saw myself behind your every smile, inspiration to your every word, reason for your every deed, and companion to your every dream. That feeling is something you won't feel every day. It's a gift that comes just once in a blue moon. That fantasy that occurs even after reality takes place. Thank you for showing me what it feels like. You were the experience of a lifetime.

I will never forget the first time you kissed me and held my hand. It's no magic, I must admit. Our hands were not the perfect fit. But perfect is overrated. The feeling you get of finally having a taste of reality out of your fantasy? It's priceless. I will never forget the taste of your first kiss and how it changed overtime. There were subtle differences, sometimes I can't fully recall because the moment is just so captivating. But every time it happens, I know I am happy and I know I am alive. Not one kiss I didn't mean. It all came from my heart, and it's only for you and nobody else.

I will never forget how extreme our lows have been. Every tear, every fear, every anger, every regret, every argument that left us both defeated. I will never forget how we got through them, how we handled the damage left by our intense feeling of hatred toward each other. I will never forget the raised voices and fists that left us all wanting more in the end. I will never forget all the broken rules and the best excuses, the senseless offenses and nonsense jealousy. It's all an experience that will be nothing but a great lesson for me. Yes, I am not the perfect lover, but I'm real. I'm flawed and I'm human. You can feel me, and God, I know you felt me.

I will never forget all your gestures of love, big or small. I will never forget the first time you called just to say you love me, or the first time you heard a song, thought of me, and made me know how lucky you feel to have me, or the first time a song and staring at my face sent you to tears. I will never forget the first time you broke my heart and how sorry you were. I will never forget every regret you had and how you've changed, yes, you always change for the better even if I don't sometimes. I will never forget all your simple, random gifts, and even those surprises that completely took my breath away.

I will never forget all the trials we, as one, won. I will never forget the zeal we have to fight for what we think we deserve. I will never forget the assurance we feel whenever something is up against us. I will never forget the battles that made us lean on each other, rely upon each other, and cared even more for each other.

But most importantly, I will never forget the way I feel when I'm with you. I will never forget how you make me feel so loved, secured, and worthy. I will never forget how sure I am that you are the one created just for me. I am still sure of that, but you say you're tired and you have given up. So please allow me to still believe, as long as I can, even if it is just a fantasy. Allow me to still believe that one day, you will make me feel like the luckiest man alive during our wedding day. Allow me to still believe that one day, all mornings of my life would be the greatest moment of my life because you'll always be there sleeping by my side. Allow me to still believe that one day, when the good old days are gone, we will still care for each other like we haven't aged at all. Allow me to still believe that one day, you will cherish me and call me your own even if I am long gone in this world. Allow me to still believe that you will never tire of me, of saying yes to me, of spending every moment of your life with me, of being one and the same as me. If all these words are not yet enough to take all the pain I've caused you away, then I don't know what to do anymore. At least I didn't give up on you. And allow me to dedicate and offer this only to you. This... is the greatest love letter I could ever write.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allow me to still believe that one day, you will make me feel like the luckiest man alive during our wedding day. Allow me to still believe that one day, all mornings of my life would be the greatest moment of my life because you'll always be there sleeping by my side. Allow me to still believe that one day, when the good old days are gone, we will still care for each other like we haven't aged at all. Allow me to still believe that one day, you will cherish me and call me your own even if I am long gone in this world. Allow me to still believe that you will never tire of me, of saying yes to me, of spending every moment of your life to me, of being one and the same to me.


All the beautiful words! Good job!