April 11, 2013

20 Songs of April 2013


It’s only fitting to post this April edition of songs to download this month right now because Avril Lavigne, my first musical hero, just released the first single of her upcoming fifth studio album.


FRESH CUTS 

Here’s To Never Growing Up Avril Lavigne
Reminiscent of the genius that is "Complicated", Avril remains a bratty, immature lyricist and embraces it full on.  This is a perfect summer getaway song for all ages who want to cherish the moment.
Best Line: “If you stay forever, hey, we can stay forever young.”

Keep Me Crazy Chris Wallace
I am obsessed with this track (and Chris’ whole album)! Such a fresh sound, so I am really wondering why radio and the public haven’t noticed him yet.
Best Line: “Baby, you’re a pretty little mystery that makes no sense to me.”

The Phoenix Fall Out Boy
Prepping us up after a very, very long hiatus, FOB just released the prequel to "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light ‘Em Up)". This song is perfect to get us glued until the release of their album "Save Rock and Roll" as well as remind us of their trademark sound from way back when.
Best Line: “Put on your war paint!”

Live A Little Florrie
Buckle up and get ready to be blown away by this new pop girl, Florrie. This buzz track for a Sony in-ear headphone is ear candy at its finest!
Best Line: “I wanna see the animal in you escape.”

Can’t Hold Us Macklemore and Ryan Lewis featuring Ray Dalton
Way, way better than "Thrift Shop". This song is a bop. Rap has returned!
Best Line: “Chasing dreams since I was fourteen with a four-track.”

Against All Odds Darren Criss
Another breathtaking performance from Glee’s Darren Criss. I can swear my heart skipped a bit or two. This guy delivers the most memorable numbers on Glee.

Beneath Your Beautiful Labrinth featuring Emeli Sande
Theatrical production, romantic lyrics, astounding melody, and superb vocals given by both parties—a must have for your Love playlists.
Best Line: “You’ve built your wall so high that no one could climb it, but I’m gonna try.”

The Way Ariana Grande featuring Mac Miller
Ariana shots all the way up to numero uno on iTunes when this was released. The unique sound of this track makes it stand out, shaming other Disney Girls out of the spotlight.
Best Line: “So don’t you worry, baby, you got me.”

Radioactive Imagine Dragons
Hear the epic approach of this track to the apocalypse, welcoming us to the new age: the age of Imagine Dragons claiming authority as the new it band.
Best Line: “I’m waking up. I feel it in my bones, enough to make my systems blow.”

Blurred Lines Robin Thicke featuring T.I. and Pharrell
Bringing back the power of R’n’B, Robin Thicke asks help from T.I. and Pharrell to make a boppy song that sounds like Andrew E’s ‘Humanap Ka Ng Panget’.
Best Line: “Good girl, I know you want it.”

HIDDEN GEMS

Chasing Relentlessly Compson Sound (Zedd, Krewella, Usher, R.E.M.)
This is a mashup but it has an unbelievable production! This is perfect with eyes closed or while dancing yourself away.

Disenchanted My Chemical Romance
To mourn the breakup of my favorite band ever, I added this song to this month's list. Definitely one of the most incredible tracks from the masterpiece that is 'The Black Parade', this song serves as a perfect ending to a beautiful chapter.
Best Line: “Now, will it matter after I'm gone? Because you never learned a goddamn thing.”

Time That Remains Three Days Grace
Again, to mourn the exit of Three Days Grace’s vocalist, Adam Gontier, here we have a song of guidance and love. His trademark vocals will be missed.
Best Line: “I hope the best is yet to come in the time that remains for you.”

Call Me Kelly Clarkson
This leaked demo from Kelly Clarkson breaks my heart all the time. Her voice gives off pure emotion backed by the raw quality of the track.
Best Line: “Call me when you fall in love, so I can get on with my life.”

Deathbed Relient K
11 minutes of pure and heartwarming storytelling of going back to the Hear of it all, hearing His voice, and acknowledging your real paradise.
Best Line: “If I close my eyes tonight, I know I'll be home”

Good Enough Evanescence
The lyrics catch the very core of relationship hurdles, and lets you through the open door. I believe many people can relate to this song.
Best Line: “I'm still waiting for the rain to fall, pour real life down on me.”
This track can put you in a better mood all the time, making its profound and dark lyrics acceptable even for the lighthearted.
Best Line: “Just 'cause you feel it doesn't mean it's there.”

Little Miss Obsessive Ashlee Simpson featuring Tom Higgenson
The pop rock perfection of Ashlee's third offering that never saw the light of day. This has hit written all over it, too bad it followed up an underwhelming first single.
Best Line: “I'm at the finish line and you're just way too far behind.”

This Song Saved My Life Simple Plan
This song is really cheesy, but the video made me like it. We all have that song we listen to all the time to help us get through life, and that is depicted pretty well in the video.
No doubt about it—this song has the most passion out of all the tracks in "The Truth About Love". A great song to listen to when you are trying to win battles in your life.
Best Line: “The passion and pain are gonna keep you alive someday.”

0 comments: