May 16, 2013

Fool For You

Putting myself on someone else's shoes. For what's right over what seems logical.
 

I know the days ahead are dark
For all those moments of fake sparks
I know I should’ve been careful
This heart can often be a fool
I know I should’ve known the signs
Were there just to mislead the lines

What should I make
Of your kindness and glee?
Why did I take
All your issues for free?

You didn’t have to hold my hand
When your intent was brittle as sand
You didn’t have to walk me home
When all along, I was alone
You didn’t have to make this heart
Believe just to break it apart
You should’ve told me we never existed
I was a fool for you, I have been cheated

I know I’m still yearning for you
‘Cause after all, you made me new
Don’t dare say you didn’t lead me
Don’t you claim I was the only
Your endless need for profound plans
Did not include doing what’s grand

But what I’ll never know
Was how you got to sleep
Knowing I’m in too deep
Caught in your empty snare
Now I have to endure
All these judging stares

You could’ve cut my pain short
But instead, you’ve reveled forth
You made me your fool
But not anymore
Not anymore

0 comments: